PCMA WATER RATES 2023
New Charges: Effective November 1, 2023
- INVOLUNTARY WATER TURN OFF / TURN OFF FEE $150.00
- VOLUNTARY WATER TURN OFF / TURN ON FEE $150.00
This is payable by the property owner to the Authority at the time the property owner requests a voluntary water shut off in writing for their property and the fee must be paid before the Authority will turn off the water service to the home at the curb stop.
HOME - $125.00 base rate per quarter, plus over-base usage of $7.00 per 1,000 gallons over the 9,000-gallon base-rate allowance. Specifically:
- JANUARY BILLING: $125.00 base-rate fee for Jan, Feb, Mar plus over-base usage charges (if applicable) of $7.00 per 1,000 gallons used over 9,000 gallons for the period Oct 2022 through Dec 2022.
- APRIL BILLING: $125.00 base-rate fee for Apr, May, Jun plus over-base usage charges (if applicable) of $7.00 per 1,000 gallons used over 9,000 gallons for the period Jan 2023 through Mar 2023.
- JULY BILLING: $125.00 base-rate fee for Jul, Aug, Sep plus over-base usage charges (if applicable) of $7.00 per 1,000 gallons used over 9,000 gallons for the period Apr 2023 through Jun 2023.
- OCTOBER BILLING: $125.00 base-rate fee for Oct, Nov, Dec plus over-base usage charges (if applicable) of $7.00 per 1,000 gallons used over 9,000 gallons for the period Jul 2023 through Sep 2023.
FROST-FREE SPIGOT - Same charges as HOME.
UNDEVELOPED LOT (NO CONNECTION TO WATER SYSTEM) - $72.00 per-year water availability fee. $72.00 is charged in the January billing and will appear as "1ST QTR. WATER CHG." for accounting purposes only. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter water charges are zero.
Customers needing meter repairs that are the result of freezing or other neglectful actions will be charged a flat fee of $75 plus the cost of parts for each occurrence. Customers are responsible for using whatever preventative measures that are necessary to prevent frozen/broken pipes and meters.
INTEREST WILL BE CHARGED AT 10% PER YEAR (2 ½% PER QUARTER) ON ALL PAST DUE BALANCES NOT PAID BY THE NEXT QUARTERLY BILLING DATE.
If you have questions concerning your water bill, please call the PCMA business office at 570-754-7222. Call the sewage treatment plant at 570-754-7505 for water irregularities such as discolored water, for meter repairs, and other water related matters.
REMINDER: Water meters are read by PCMA personnel during the last three weeks in March, the last three weeks in June, the last three weeks in September, and the last three weeks in December.
Effective September 1, 2022
- Septic Tank Empty (Pump) & Inspect - $455.00
- Holding Tank Empty (Pump) - $455.00
- Holding Tank Test - $110.00
- Additional Sewage Charges: $50.00 per hour additional in excess of 2 hours. $50.00 for every additional length of pump hose needed if the distance from the tank to the pumping location is over 50 feet. $50.00 for every 10 feet of elevation over the first 10 feet. Pumps performed on weekends, holidays, and after regular working hours are charged double. $50.00 additional if a septic tank has a lid inside the riser that must be removed and replaced in order to pump the tank. Pumps called in at or after 12:00 NOON on weekdays will be charged double if the pumping can't wait until the next business day. In other words, if you call for a pump at or after 12:00 noon during a regular work week, and you can't wait until the next business day to have your tank pumped, you will be charged double.
Septic systems are required to be pumped and inspected once every three years. Holding tanks are required to be tested once every three years.