MEETING MINUTES OF THE
PLUM CREEK MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
A regular meeting of the Board of The Plum Creek Municipal Authority was held on April 16, 2019 at the Plum Creek Municipal Authority Business Office Building, South Manheim Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.
Board members present at the meeting were Jim Ridderhoff, Jerry Weiss, Matt Gruber, and Corby Lewis. Others in attendance were property owners who signed the attendance sheet: David Mengel, Joe Haggerty, and Richard Hardy.
Jim Ridderhoff called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
The minutes for the March 2019 meeting were accepted by motion of Corby Lewis, seconded by Matt Gruber, carried by all.
The Treasurer's report for March 2019 was reviewed and accepted by motion of Jerry Weiss, seconded by Corby Lewis, carried by all.
In engineering matters, Dave Bright (SSM), who did not attend, talked to Jim Ridderhoff before the meeting. Dave said he has not advanced any further in the process of what we are doing with the sewage and had nothing new to report.
Mike Kreiser (SES), who did not attend, but submitted a written manager’s report to the Board before the meeting:
In water operations, Mike reported that:
- There have been no water system or wastewater system violations during this time.
- Known water leaks are scheduled to be repaired the week after Easter. Boil water notices will be sent.
- We plan on locating and marking water main valves boxes and curb stop boxes. If needed, we will schedule a repair or replacement of the broken curb or valve box.
- New Regulation requires a comprehensive monitoring plan due in August.
- The hand mower is currently being repaired.
- The Ranger is currently operational, and the F250 White Utility truck is in the garage being repaired.
In sewage operations, Mike reported that:
- Normal operations continue.
- All wells are operational. Currently running 3 wells.
- Daily average water production is approximately 174 gpm from three wells.
- One leak was found at a residence. No one was living at the site. It was discovered that water was leaking out of the residence. The water was turned off.
- A water leak was repaired in front of 10 Navajo Drive. It turned out to be a 6” shear crack.
- Three curb stop boxes were replaced.
- A service leak at 1840 Crazy Horse Drive was repaired by the customer.
- The CCR has been completed and mailed to the water customers with the water bills. The certification form has been submitted to Joshua Krammes along with a copy of the CCR.
- The 2018 Annual Water Report has been sent to DRBC on April 2, 2019.
- The day tanks for chlorine were replaced at all wells.
- Booster Station is at 12.1 PSI, as of April 16, 2019.
- Booster Station: All pumps operational and rotating on monthly basis.
Upon motion by Jerry Weiss, seconded by Matt Gruber, and carried by all, the Board accepted the written Manager’s Report submitted by Mike Kreiser – Select Environmental Solutions (SES).
- Normal operations continue.
- Plant is operating very well.
- Approximately 21 septic pumps are in the backlog.
- The Mack pump truck and Western Star pump truck are all currently operational.
Jim Ridderhoff asked if anything is being done with the F250 Blue pickup truck that is not operational? Nancy said at the last meeting it was decided to sell the truck and advertise for sealed bids. We need specs on the vehicles before we can put an ad in the newspaper. Corby Lewis and/or Matt Gruber will look at the vehicles and get the information for the specs.
In legal matters, Joe Zerbe said he reviewed some employee issues. Joe said he looked over the proposed replacement contract by Select Environmental Solutions (SES) and he is working on responding to that.
Upon motion by Jim Ridderhoff, seconded by Jerry Weiss, and carried by all, the Board approved moving some of our balance to a higher interest-bearing account at PLGIT (not Riverview Bank).
There being no further business, Jim Ridderhoff motioned for adjournment, Matt Gruber seconded the motion, carried by all. Jim Ridderhoff adjourned the meeting at 6:15 p.m.
Meeting minutes were taken, prepared, and submitted by Nancy Wesner.